Monday, February 22, 2010

"There are other forms of punctuation besides the comma."

Had a late start to the morning today. I decided to wake up at 6:25a to take a shower when I had to leave by 7:30a at my usual time, but I ended up leaving @ 7:45a from the apartment and made it to the classroom by 8:10a, which was 5 minutes prior to "being on time." I didn't really like cutting it so close, as I didn't get to do my obligatory lingering in the parking lot for a few minutes, but it was fine.

I started the day out with grading the on-levels' quizzes for Bless Me, Ultima and in all honesty, it was death. Some of the handwriting was completely illegible, and a few of the answers simply made no sense. It took me all day to grade 3 blocks' worth of two quizzes, and I was relieved to punch in the grades during 4th block while Cheer was going on.

Today I found out some very interesting and useful information (as with every other day) but apparently at Westwood, I can get a ticket if I am caught on the phone (looking at it or using it) on school premises including the classroom and/or the parking lot. And I don't like getting tickets, so from the hours of 8:00a - 4:45p, I won't be checking my phone unless I'm sitting at a stop light a few blocks from the apartment. That should be enough distance from school property to avoid getting a ticket, yes?

Honestly, I've been so exhausted by 10:00pm; it's insane. I just got off the phone with Angelina, and I totally agree with something she said: "How do people do this without summers off??" It brought me back to wanting tet that wooden sign from the Austin Gift Store off Lamar: "June, July, and August. The three reasons I teach." It's so true. I've just been mentally exhausted to the point where my mind has convinced itself that it's physically exhausted at time to go to bed by the time I'm out of traffic and finally make it home. I can just imagine what it would be like going to school for my masters' at the same time, but I'm sure it just takes some getting used to.

I hear there's supposed to be a snow/sleet/rain mix coming in tomorrow (or overnight tonight) so there's a possibility school may be cancelled, but I'm planning on getting dressed and driving back up for another normal day. Call me a pessimist; I'm only being realistic! :)

Always looking forward to the next,
Ms. L

No comments:

Post a Comment