Great start today! Today's a White day, which means that all the blocks are on-level classes, and one of the blocks I'll be officially taking over is 8th block, the last period of the day. I got a chance to meet all my 5th and 6th block students and do my introductory activity with them but won't be fully taking over as I will with 8th - most likely just co-teaching with Missy. 5th block was quite the rambunctious crowd, as I've been forewarned, and 6th block was polite and surprisingly outspoken, unlike what I was told ahead of time. (During our activity, she even said, "Okay, I don't know who you guys are today," because she was so surprised at their behavior.)
With 6th and 8th block, Missy gave me the chance to lead the DLA, which is a grammar and mechanics correction exercise, and the kids get really hyped up about it and love doing it! It was a bit overwhelming at first, with the kids yelling and hollering to their team leader as to which corrections needed to be made, but it was absolutely fantastic t o see them so engaged and excited about the exercise! Grammar, of all things! It was fun to interact with the kids, and I'm excited to teach a bit more tomorrow with the Pre-APs for APMC test-taking strategies and tips. (I'm still working on a handout for them tomorrow. Missy said we might do an overhead.)
I know Missy's going to have long practices each night for cheer this week, so I'll definitely have to plan to leave earlier to make a Starbucks stop for us before class.
I had the chance to pick up my car today, and it was in PERFECT condition! I highly recommend Caliber Collision Center for any of your auto accident needs. (God willing you won't need to see them, but they're GREAT!) I was a little stressed because I accidentally left my apartment and school parking permits in the rental, but thankfully I got through the cluster on Lamar and made it to the shop a few minutes past closing time to retrieve them. That would have been one more thing on my list to do in the morning that would have prolonged the Starbucks! And boy, do I need caffeine to function properly!
The 8-5's are wearing me out! But it's great because I get to bed sooner and actually sleep at least 8 hours rather than the 5 hours from high school to college years before now. Happy Ash Wednesday, everyone!
Update: Just got home from Mass at St. Theresa's off Mt. Bonnell and 2222 and ran into one of my kids today! He even said, "Hey, Ms. L" in passing - how cute! :)
Always looking forward to the next,
Ms. L
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment